In addition to providing a candid narrative of his victory over severe depression and ongoing recovery from alcoholism, Cam discusses pressing issues of workplace and academic mental wellness, subtance issues, and self-care, including:
- Relevant statistics and the stressors of an increasingly polarized, social media-dominated world.
- Best mental health practices including designing a robust mentoring program.
- Strategies for spotting the red flags of mental health conditions and addiction, and supporting colleagues and classmates, particularly while working in a hybrid environment.
- Developing self-care habits and strategies to build resilience, nurture physical and mental wellness, broaden inclusion and acceptance, and refresh hope during the pandemic and beyond.
- Recruiting a group of Support, Energy, Accountability and Love (a SEAL Team) that supports peers, colleagues, and teammates who may be struggling with mental health conditions and/or possible substance use challenges.
- Forging an innovative, inclusive, and empathetic mission for the /law firm, company, and school that promotes a healthier work-life balance.