Keynote Talk for Princeton Mental Health Month 2020
Cameron Stout, Princeton class of ’80, is a securities litigator and a mental health advocate. He is also an alcoholic and a survivor of two major depressive episodes. Cam’s story is one of resilience, recovery and hope. He offers insights on self-care strategies and mindsets that helped him fight his way out of the abyss of clinical depression and alcoholism.
Light Heart, Focused Mind – Cam’s Story
Episode #143- Cam Stout-Attorney-Former D1 Athlete-Fighting Depression with Exercise
WHO IS CAM STOUT?
· Husband and father of two adult kids.
· Corner office law partner for 25+ years.
· Starter on Princeton’s NCAA top ten varsity tennis team in 1979.
· Accomplished amateur cyclist.
· Survivor of two major depressive episodes in 1992 and 2013.
· An alcoholic with eight years of sobriety.
· A mental health advocate and public speaker who has shared his story over a hundred times around the country to:
– Scores of top law firms; and
– Forbes top 100 companies, including Chevron and Adobe.
· An entrepreneur who founded Stout Heart, Inc.
(A 501(c)(3) that supports his talks and mentoring of students.)